- In a pot of salted boiling water, cook the pasta until al dente. Rinse under cold running water and oil lightly. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown the meat in half the oil. Set aside in a bowl.
- In the same skillet, brown the squash and onions over medium heat in the remaining oil for about 20 minutes or until the squash is tender. Season with salt and pepper. Deglaze with the broth. Keep warm.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter. Add the flour and cook for 1 minute over medium heat, stirring constantly. Gradually whisk in the broth and milk and bring to a boil. Simmer gently for about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the Parmesan cheese. Adjust the seasoning. Keep 500 ml (2 cups) of béchamel sauce aside and add the remaining béchamel with the pork mixture. Stir to combine.
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- In a 33 X 23-cm (13 x 9-inch) baking dish, spread half the meat mixture. Cover with a layer of noodles. Layer with half the squash mixture. Sprinkle with about 125 ml (1/2 cup) of mozzarella cheese. Pour 125 ml (1/2 cup) of béchamel sauce. Cover with a layer of noodles. Add the remaining meat mixture. Cover with a layer of noodles. Add the remaining squash mixture, 125 ml (1/2 cup) of mozzarella cheese and 125 m (1/2 cup) of béchamel sauce. Cover with a layer of noodles. Add the remaining béchamel. Top with the remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake for about 45 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown. Let rest for 15 minutes before serving.