- In a bowl, combine the grated vegetables; you should have a total of 1 litre (4 cups) of grated vegetables. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the vegetables into 4 parts. In non-stick skillet, melt half the butter over medium-low heat. Add 2 of the 4 parts of the vegetables in the pan, arranging them in two 12-cm (5-inch) circles. Brown for 10 minutes. Flatten with a spatula. Carefully turn and brown again for 10 minutes.
- Keep warm. Repeat with the remaining vegetables and butter.
- In a bowl, combine the sour cream, lime juice, chives, and Tabasco sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- On each rosti, place a bit of lime sour cream and slices of smoked fish. Garnish with chives. Season with pepper and serve. An ideal dish for brunch.