- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C (350 ° F).
- In a large skillet, sauté the peppers and onions in the oil until they begin to brown. Add the garlic and stir. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside in a bowl.
- Clean the pan as needed. Dredge the lamb in flour. In the same skillet, brown the lamb in the oil. Set aside.
- Place half the potatoes in a large earthware casserole dish or a large deep baking dish. Sprinkle with rosemary. Place the meat on the potatoes then add the onion and pepper mixture. Cover with the remaining potatoes. Add the broth and wine. Sprinkle with cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour 30 minutes. Uncover and cook for 30 more minutes.