Café Liégeois (coffee with ice cream)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) 35% cream
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) icing sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 ml) vanilla extract
- 8 scoops vanilla or coffee ice cream, or half and half
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) hot espresso coffee
- In a bowl, whip the cream with the sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form. Set the whipped cream aside.
- Scoop the ice cream into four glasses. Pour the coffee over and top with whipped cream.
Variation For kids, replace the coffee with chocolate sauce. Slowly melt 55 g (2 oz) of dark or milk chocolate with 125 ml (1/2 cup) of 35% cream, stirring with a whisk.