- 125 ml (1/2 cup)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) canola oil
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) coffee beans, crushed
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) maple syrup
- Salt and pepper
- In a small saucepan, gently cook the onion in the oil with the coffee until translucent, about 5 minutes. Strain through a sieve lined with paper towels. Let cool.
- In a bowl, combine the coffee-flavoured oil with the remaining ingredients. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve on peppery lettuce or a green bean salad.