Barbecued Ribs (The Best)
- 35 MIN
- 2 H 10 MIN
- 12 H
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients. Set aside.
- On a work surface, use paper towels to peel away the white membrane (silverskin) on the back of the ribs. Place the ribs on a baking sheet and rub both sides generously with the spice rub. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or overnight.
- With the rack in the middle position of the oven, preheat the oven to 325°F (170°C).
- Wrap the ribs, two racks at a time, in heavy-duty aluminum foil. Transfer to a baking sheet. Bake for about 2 hours, or until the meat is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, cook the spices in the butter for 1 minute. Add the remaining ingredients, bring to a boil and simmer over low heat for about 5 minutes or until the sauce becomes syrupy. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the grill, setting the burners to medium. Oil the grate.
- Remove the ribs from the foil and grill for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, brushing with half of the barbecue sauce. Serve with the remaining sauce.