- 4 to 6 servings
Milk Chocolate Mousse
- 6 oz (170 g) milk chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) butter
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) 35% cream
- 2 eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) sugar
- In a bowl, over a double boiler or in the microwave oven, melt the chocolate with the butter and 30 ml (2 tablespoons) of cream. Let cool.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites and sugar with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whip the remaining cream until semi-firm peaks form.
- Add the egg yolks to the cooled chocolate mixture and combine with a whisk. With a spatula, gently fold in the egg whites. Fold in the whipped cream, the same way, until smooth.
- Spoon into four to six dessert cups or glasses. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Serve with fruit or whipped cream and cookies.