Whole Wheat Spaghetti with Grilled Vegetables and Feta Cheese
- 3/4 lb (375 g) whole wheat spaghetti
- 3 zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and in 1/2-inch (1-cm) thick slices
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) white wine
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) chicken broth
- 3 oz (100 g) feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup (30 g) pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup (10 g) small fresh basil leaves
- Salt and pepper
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain and oil lightly. Set aside.
- In the same pot or large skillet, brown the zucchini, bell pepper, and onion in the oil for about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the garlic and cook 1 minute. Deglaze with the wine and reduce until almost dry. Add the broth and bring to a boil.
- Add the pasta and cook, stirring until the sauce coats the pasta. Adjust the seasoning. Pour into a serving dish. Sprinkle with the cheese, nuts, and basil.