Maple Sugared Almonds
- 1 cup (250 ml) blanched almonds
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) maple sugar
- Spread the almonds in a single layer in a microwave-safe baking dish. Roast them on high for about 1 minute. Stir them and repeat the same thing three times. Keep aside.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a saucepan, bring all the ingredients to a boil. Let simmer for about 5 minutes. Continue cooking, stirring vigorously with a wooden spoon, until the sugar crystallizes (becomes grainy) on the almonds. Careful, it's very hot! Spread the almonds on the baking sheet. Let cool completely.
If the sugar seems to be burning, remove from the heat, stirring constantly until the texture is sandy.