Sausage Breakfast Sandwich
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) olive oil
- 6 homemade Italian sausage patties (see recipe)
- 6 eggs
- 6 English muffins, halved (see recipe)
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) mayonnaise
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 jar roasted red bell peppers, drained
- Salt and pepper
- In a large skillet, brown zucchini and onion slices in half the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Keep warm.
- In the same skillet, brown sausage patties in remaining oil for about 4 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- In another large non-stick skillet, gently cook eggs on one side in butter, until whites are cooked. Season with salt and pepper. Warm English muffins.
- Spread mayonnaise on the English muffins. Top with sausage, cheese, vegetables and eggs. Close sandwiches. Serve immediately.