Baked Cheese with Cranberries
- cup (75 ml) port wine
- cup (75 ml) dried cranberries
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) butter
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) black olives, chopped
- 1 whole brie or camembert cheese, about 350 g
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- In a small bowl, pour the port over the cranberries. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- In a skillet, sauté the onion in the butter for about 10 minutes.
- Deglaze with the cranberry and port mixture. Add the pine nuts and olives.
- Place the cheese on a 30-cm (12-inch) square aluminum foil. Pull the foil up around the cheese to prevent it from losing shape while baking.
- Spread the topping over the cheese.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake in the middle of the oven for about 10 minutes. Garnish with fresh parsley. Serve hot in the centre of the dinning table. Serve with bread or crackers.