Bacon-Wrapped Chicken and Peach Mini Skewers
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) honey
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken thighs, each cut into 6 pieces
- 2 peaches, pitted and each cut into 12 wedges
- 12 slices bacon, halved
- 24 large toothpicks, soaked in water for 15 minutes
- Salt and pepper
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, bring all the ingredients to a boil and simmer for about 1 minute. Let cool.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Wrap a piece of chicken and a peach wedge with a half slice of bacon. Thread onto a toothpick. Place the skewers in a glass dish and coat with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the grill, setting the burners to high. Oil the grate.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Grill the skewers for about 5 minutes on each side. Turn off the burner on one side of the grill and place the skewers on the unheated section for about 10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
These mini skewers can also be made with pork tenderloin.