- ½ cup (55 g) carrots, peeled and grated
- ½ cup (90 g) potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup (75 g) plain sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) almond butter
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sesame oil
- ½ tsp salt
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Generously oil an 8 x 4-inch (20 x 10 cm) glass or aluminum pan.
- In a food processor, purée all of the ingredients until very smooth. Season with pepper.
- Transfer the mixture into the prepared pan and spread into an even layer with a spoon. Bake for 45 minutes or until the veggie pâté begins to brown.
- Let cool. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Unmould and slice. The veggie pâté will keep for one week in the refrigerator.
The veggie pâté can be sliced and served on a cheese board with crackers as an hors d’oeuvre or in a sandwich.