Zucchini and Date Bread
- 1 ¾ cups (265 g) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups (265 g) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups (260 g) zucchini, grated
- ¾ cup (130 g) dates, pitted and diced
- ¾ cup (75 g) roasted walnuts, chopped
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a 9 x 5-inch (23 x 13 cm) loaf pan with parchment paper, letting the paper hang over two sides. Butter the other two sides.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk the brown sugar with the oil and eggs until well combined. Stir in the zucchini and dry ingredients. Add the dates and nuts.
- Pour into the prepared pan. Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean. Let cool. Remove from the pan and cool on a wire rack.
To bake into muffins: Divide the batter into 16 muffin cups lined with paper or silicone liners. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.