- 8 to 10 servings
Cream of Carrot and Rutabaga Soup with Maple Syrup
- 4 cups (1 litre) carrots, peeled and sliced
- 4 cups (1 litre) rutabaga, peeled and cubed
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) butter
- 8 cups (2 litres) chicken broth
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) 35% cream
- Salt and pepper
- In a saucepan, cook the carrots, rutabaga, and onions in the butter for about 5 minutes, without browning.
- Add the broth, potatoes, and maple syrup. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for about 25 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- In a blender, purée the soup until smooth. Add the cream. Season with salt and pepper. Serve hot.