Beet Macaroni Salad
- 1 bottle 2 cups (500 ml) beet juice (see note)
- 1 jar 18 oz (500 ml) pickled beets, drained and diced
- 3/4 lb (375 g) cut macaroni
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped fresh chives
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) olive oil
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) whole-grain mustard
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) honey
- 1 small clove garlic, finely chopped
- In a large saucepan, bring the beet juice and 1.5 litre (6 cups) of water to a boil. Season with salt. Cook the pasta until tender. Drain and oil lightly. Allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients. Add the pasta and the remaining ingredients. Stir to combine and adjust the seasoning. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until ready to serve.
For the beet juice, we prefer bottled juice, like the one sold under the Biotta brand. Do not use the juice from the pickled beets.