- 1 can 14 oz (398 ml) pears in pear juice (unsweetened)
- 1 1/4 cups (310 ml) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 ml) ground almonds
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) salt
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) honey
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) honey
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F). Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners or butter the pan.
- Drain the pears and cut into cubes. Keep the juice aside. You should have 180 ml (3/4 cup) of juice, or adjust by ading water.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the honey and butter with a whisk. Whisk in the eggs, the pear juice, and pears. Pour over the dry ingredients and stir lightly with a fork just until the flour is just moistened.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pans. Sprinkle with the almonds and drizzle with the honey. Bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of a muffin comes out clean. Remove from the pans and cool on a wire rack.
Carbohydrate per servings: 29 g