- 4 side dishes
Quinoa with Root Vegetables
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) root vegetables of your choice, peeled and grated (carrots, sweet potatoes, parsnips, etc..)
- 1 cup (250 ml) quinoa
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) butter
- Salt and pepper
- In a saucepan, bring the broth to a boil. Add the root vegetables and quinoa. Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for about 15 minutes or until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Stir in the butter. Season with salt and pepper. Serve as a side dish to grilled fish or chicken.