- In a small non-stick skillet, melt the sugar with the butter over medium heat. Add the almonds and sauté, stirring for about 1 minute. Let cool on parchment paper and break into pieces.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Crispy Goat Cheese
- Place the flour on a plate, the eggs in a bowl, and the breadcrumbs in another bowl.
- Dredge each goat cheese slice in the flour and then dip them in the eggs and breadcrumbs. Dip back again in the eggs and breadcrumbs. Set aside on a plate.
- In a non-stick skillet, brown the cheese slices for 30 seconds to 1 minute on each side in the hot oil. Drain on paper parchment.
- Divide the arugula and peaches among four plates. Drizzle with the dressing. Top with the crispy goat cheese and crushed caramelized almonds.
The goat cheese Chèvretine (Agropur’s mild goat cheese) is perfect for this recipe, as is the Paillot de chevre cheese from Portneuf.