Super Easy Vanilla Cake
- 2 cups (300 g) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups (265 g) sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup (250 ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C). With softened butter, butter a 20-cm (8-inch) square baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add the remaining ingredients and combine using a whisk or an electric mixer until the batter is smooth. Pour the batter into the baking dish.
- Bake the cake for about 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean. Let cool on a wire rack in the pan. Once cooled, ice the cake or simply cut into squares and serve with strawberries and whipped cream or ice cream.
This recipe is from My Lil’ Ricardo.