- 2 cups (500 ml) blanched almonds
- 3 cups (750 ml) water
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.5 ml) ground cinnamon
- Line a sieve with three layers of cheesecloth. Set aside.
- In a blender, purée the almonds with the water into a very smooth liquid. Let stand for about 10 minutes. Strain, pressing the liquid with the back of a ladle. If necessary, strain through a sieve again to remove all residue.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Serve cold or warm.
Often called "almond milk", this type of beverage doesn’t contain milk.