Grilled Shrimp with Avocado Salad
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 tbsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 lb (675 g) large shrimp (colossal, 8-12) deveined with shell intact
- 2 avocados, cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 cup (140 g) yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup (10 g) fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) lime juice
- In a large glass dish, combine the oil, mustard and pepper. Add the shrimp and toss to coat thoroughly. Let marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill, setting the burners on high. Oil the grate.
- In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Season the shrimp with salt and grill for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until cooked. Serve with the avocado salad.