Grilled Shrimp with Avocado Salad
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 lb (675 g) large shrimp (colossal) deveined with shell (8-12)
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 cup (250 ml) yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) lime juice
- Salt and pepper
- In a large glass dish, combine the oil, mustard, and pepper. Add the shrimp and coat thoroughly. Refrigerate and marinate for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill, setting the burners on high. Oil the grate.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Season the shrimp with salt and grill for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until cooked. Serve with the avocado salad.