- The small legs of 2 cooked lobsters (see note)
- The emptied head shell of 2 cooked lobsters
- 1 cup (250 ml) canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) black peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- In a food processor, finely chop the lobster legs and shells with the oil until it turns orange. Transfer to a saucepan. Add the peppercorns and bay leaf.
- Gently bring to a boil and simmer very gently until the lobster juices have completely evaporated. Remove the saucepan from the heat and let steep for about 20 minutes.
- Line a sieve with paper towels. Strain the oil through the sieve. Let cool. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about 1 month or freeze.
Do not confuse the small legs with the claws.