Lobster, Pea, and Mascarpone Risotto
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 2 cups (500 ml) arborio rice
- 1 cup (250 ml) white wine
- 5 cups (1.25 litres) lobster stock
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) fresh or frozen peas (see note)
- 2 cups (500 ml) cooked lobster meat, diced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) mascarpone cheese
- Lobster oil (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- In a saucepan, soften the onion and garlic in the oil. Add the rice and cook for 1 minute, stirring to coat thoroughly. Deglaze with the wine and reduce until almost dry.
- Add the lobster stock, 250 ml (1 cup) at a time, stirring frequently until the liquid has been completely absorbed before adding more liquid. Season with salt and pepper. After 20 to 25 minutes, the rice should be al dente.
- Stir in the peas and cook for about 1 minute. Add the lobster meat and mascarpone and heat through while stirring. Adjust the seasoning. Serve drizzled with lobster oil, if desired.
If using fresh peas, add them about 5 minutes before the end of cooking.