Caramel Whipped Cream
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup (375 ml) 35% cream, warm
- In a saucepan, gently heat the brown sugar until it begins to melt. Stir gently until it is completely melted and become slightly darker.
- Remove the pan from the heat and gradually add half of the cream. Beware of splattering. Return the pan to the heat and simmer, stirring until the caramel is almost completely melted. Add the remaining cream and bring back to a boil.
- Strain to remove the caramel bits that have not melted. Cover and refrigerate overnight or about 8 hours. With an electric mixer, whip the desired amount of cream until stiff peaks form.
The unwhipped mixture can be refrigerated for over a week. Prepare the cream mixture on Sunday and you can add a little extra to your weeknight super desserts. Monday or Wednesday, whip the desired amount of cream and you'll make any fruit, cookie, or store-bought brownie more festive.