Slow Cooker Cheesecake (2)
- 1 package 8 oz (250 g) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) 35% cream
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup (250 ml) diced strawberries
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) sugar
- Line the bottom of the slow cooker with a clean cloth to prevent the ramekins from vibrating.
- In a blender, purée all the ingredients until smooth. Divide among four 125 ml (1/2 cup) ramekins. Place the ramekins in the slow cooker and pour hot water into the container halfway up the ramekins.
- Cover and cook on low temperature for 1 hour and 15 minutes to 1 hour and 30 minutes or until they are firm and slightly puffy. Remove the ramekins from the slow cooker and let cool. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until completely chilled.
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and add the butter. Combine until the mixture is crumbly. With your fingers, drop the dough into small pieces on the baking sheet. Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown, stirring twice during baking. Let cool.
- Combine the strawberries and sugar. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- When ready to serve, top each ramekin with crumble and strawberries.
This recipe is from the book "La mijoteuse: de la lasagne à la crème brulée."