- 4 cups (1 l) grated celery root (4 cupsarge celery root)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) horseradish
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) capers, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Boston lettuce leaves, to plate the dish
- Thin strips of red pepper for garnish
- In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, horseradish, vinegar, white wine, capers and green onion. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the celery root and blend well. Let stand for 1 hour before serving.
- Place the salad on the Boston lettuce leaves. Garnish with thin strips of red pepper.
You can easily and quickly grate the celery root in a food processor. However, if you must do by hand, grate it over a bowl containing a little lemon water to prevent the celery root from oxidizing.