Mini Chicken Skewers with Pesto, Cranberries and Pistachios
- 2 chicken breast halves, cut into 24 long strips
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) pesto
- 24 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) honey
- 2 tbsp dried cranberries, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp pistachios, finely chopped
- Olive oil, for cooking
- Salt and pepper
- With the rack in the highest position, preheat the oven’s broiler.
- In a bowl, combine the chicken and pesto. Season with salt and pepper. Thread the meat onto the skewers (see note).
- Lightly oil a baking dish and arrange the skewers. Bake for about 8 minutes or until the meat is cooked through. Place in a serving dish or on a wooden board and brush with the honey while still hot. Sprinkle with the cranberries and pistachios.
You can freeze the raw chicken skewers on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and transfer them to a sealable plastic bag to keep in the freezer. The cooking time for the frozen skewers will be about 10 minutes under the broiler.