- 1 dozen
Oatmeal Cookies (The Best)
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 ml) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups (310 ml) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) canola oil
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 190 °C (375 °F). Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, oats, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar, oil, and vanilla with an electric mixer. Add the egg and beat until smooth. At low speed or with a wooden spoon, combine with the dry ingredients.
- With a 60 ml (¼ cup) ice cream scoop, place six to seven dough balls on each baking sheet. Press the balls so that they are about 2-cm (¾-inch) thick.
- Bake one sheet at a time for about 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or cold.