Pork and Bean Chili
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs (675 g) ground pork
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) chili powder
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) paprika
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) ground cumin
- 2 1/2 cups (625 ml) chicken broth
- 1 can 19 oz (540 ml) white beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) prepared yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) brown sugar
- Salt and pepper
- In a large saucepan, brown the bacon in the oil. Add the ground meat and cook until golden brown. Season with salt and pepper. Add the bell pepper, garlic, and spices and continue cooking for about 2 minutes.
- Add the broth, beans, mustard, vinegar, and brown sugar and bring to a boil. Simmer uncovered, stirring frequently, for about 30 minutes or until the juices thicken. Adjust the seasoning.
We suggest here to serve the chili in a poutine with fries, cheese curds, and green onions.