Europea-Style Hay-Steamed Salmon with Citrus and Sake
- 1 salmon fillet, about 2 lbs (1 kg)
- 500 g farmer hay
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- 2 cups (500 ml) sake
- Salt and pepper
- Remove the skin from the salmon fillet and cut into 6 x 6-cm (2.5 x 2.5-inch) cubes.
- Place the hay in a large sauté pan. Add the water, cook over high heat, and close with the lid.
- Cut the lemon, orange, and lime into thin slices.
- Season the salmon cubes with salt and pepper.
- Open the lid from the sauté pan and cover the hay with all the citrus slices.
- Place the salmon cubes on top of the fruit and drizzle it all with the sake.
- Close the lid and steam the salmon for 6 to 10 minutes.
- This dish is excellent when served with rice and fragrant citrus vinaigrette.