- 8 endives, cut in half lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) butter
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) chicken broth
- 3 teaspoons (45 ml) maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) white balsamic vinegar (see note)
- Salt and pepper
- In a large non-stick skillet, brown the cut side of endives in butter.
- Turn endives over and drizzle with broth, maple syrup and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and simmer gently for about 20 minutes or until tender.
- Place endives on a platter. Keep warm.
- Reduce cooking juices until syrupy and pour over endives. Season with pepper.
If you can’t find white balsamic vinegar, use traditional brown balsamic vinegar.