Vegetable Garden Dip
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) finely crumbled pumpernickel bread (6 to 8 slices, approximately)
- 4 containers 260 g traditional hummus
- 1 cup (250 ml) broccoli cut into florets with long stems
- Radishes with small leaves
- Baby carrots with small tops or cut into small sticks
- Small white button mushrooms with stalks
- 1 cup (250 ml) green beans, lightly blanched
- 1 cup (250 ml) small celery heart stalks with the leaves (optional)
- Cherry tomatoes, with leaves
Vegetables, of your choice
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the breadcrumbs on the baking sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes. Let cool.
- In a 23cm (9inch) square pie dish with a removable bottom, spread the hummus and sprinkle with the pumpernickel breadcrumbs. Plant the vegetables in straight rows. If desired, add greens to the garden with thyme.
Provide a dish of vegetables close by to eat all the dip. You can prepare double the breadcrumbs. If properly dried, it will keep for several weeks in an airtight container. You'll be ready for the next dip. If you buy vine tomatoes, cut the stems with scissors instead of pulling, to keep a piece of green stem on the tomato. The square pie dish is part of the Ricardo collection of accessories. You'll find it ricardocuisine.com / shop