Spiced Chicken Skewers on Avocado Purée
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 tsp (30 ml) lime juice
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sour cream
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lime juice
- In a skillet, gently heat the spices for 1 minute or until lightly browned. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Add the chicken to the marinade and coat well. Thread the chicken onto skewers and place in a dish. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the grill, setting the burners on high. Oil the grate.
- In a small food processor, purée the avocado with the sour cream and lime juice until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap directly on the surface.
- Grill the skewers for 5 minutes on each side or until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Spread a thick line of the avocado purée along the bottom of six plates. Top with the radish and cherry salad (see recipe) and the chicken skewers.
If you are using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes before threading with the chicken.