Grilled Salmon with Cucumber and Fennel Salad
- 1 1/2 lb (675 g) salmon fillet, with or without skin, cut into four steaks
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- ½ fennel bulb, stems removed, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) pesto
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, brown the salmon in the oil for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Turn the fish over and cook until the desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with the salmon.
You can also cook the salmon on an oiled grill over medium heat. The cooking time will be the same.