Shrimp and Merguez Couscous
- 1 cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and halved
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 4 merguez sausages
- 3/4 lb (375 g) raw peeled shrimp
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups (500 ml) chicken broth
- 2 cups (500 ml) couscous
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) chopped parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (7.5 ml) sweet or smoked paprika
- Olive oil, to taste
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- With the rack in the highest position, preheat the oven’s broiler.
- On a baking sheet, toss the cauliflower, bell pepper, onion, and garlic with the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place the sausages on the baking sheet next to the vegetables. Bake for about 15 minutes. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper. Remove the baking sheet from the oven. Stir the vegetables and add the shrimp (see note). Bake for about 5 minutes or until cooked. Cut the sausages into pieces and put them back on the baking sheet.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl in the microwave oven, bring the broth to a boil. Add the couscous and cover. Let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff the couscous with a fork.
- On the baking sheet, add the couscous, parsley, and paprika. Toss well and adjust the seasoning. Drizzle with olive oil and serve with the lemon wedges.
Depending on the size of the sausages, if they are completely cooked, remove them when adding the shrimp.