Grilled Flap Steak with Pomegranate and Feta
- 1 lb (454 g) asparagus, trimmed
- 2 onions, cut into 1/2-cm- (1/4-inch-) thick slices
- 1 1/2 lb (675 g) flap steak
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) olive oil
- 3 oz (75 g) feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) pomegranate seeds
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the grill, setting burners to high. Oil the grate.
- On a baking sheet or large plate, oil asparagus, onions, and meat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill steak on both sides until desired doneness. Transfer to a plate, cover with aluminum foil and let rest for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grill vegetables for about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Slice meat. Among four plates, divide vegetables and meat. Sprinkle with cheese and pomegranate seeds. Drizzle with olive oil and serve with a lemon wedge.
You can find pomegranate in the summer or during the Christmas season. Out of season, replace pomegranate seeds with some fresh raspberries.