Green Bean and Corn Salad
- 1 lb (450 g) green beans
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) canola oil
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) whole-grain mustard
- 1 cup (170 g) cooked fresh corn kernels (about 1 ear of corn)
- 1 1/2 cups (210 g) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 slices bacon, chopped and cooked until crispy (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- In a pot of salted boiling water, cook the beans until al dente. Drain. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, cook the shallot in the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool. Stir in the vinegar and mustard. Add the beans and the remaining ingredients.
Creating these beautiful pieces of corn, which add a great touch of yellow to green bean salad, is easy. First, you choose good ears of corn with dense and close kernels. Pieces will fall naturally when cutting off kernels with a serrated knife. Just leave them whole, without breaking them into kernels.