- In a large saucepan, brown meat in butter. Add leeks, parsnip, carrot and garlic. Continue cooking for about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle meat and vegetables with flour and stir well. Add broth and rosemary. Bring to a boil, simmer uncovered for about 1 hour over medium heat. Skim, if necessary.
- With the rack in the highest position, preheat the oven’s broiler.
- On a baking sheet, toss bell peppers, onions and oil. Broil for about 10 minutes or until vegetables begin to brown. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine 250 ml (1 cup) of arugula with 30 ml (2 tablespoons) of chives. Set aside. In a second bowl, combine remaining arugula, chives, and spinach. Set aside.
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 200 °C (400 °F).
- In a 33 x 23-cm (13 x 9-inch) baking dish, spread about 125 ml (½ cup) of sauce. Cover with noodles. Layer with approximately 250 ml (1 cup) of sauce and half of the cheese slices and sprinkle with half of the spinach mixture. Cover with noodles and add 250 ml (1 cup) of sauce. Repeat a second time. Continue with remaining cheese slices and remaining spinach mixture. Cover with last layer of noodles and spread with remaining sauce. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for about 40 minutes. Remove foil and top with cheese wedges. Continue cooking for about 5 minutes or until cheese begins to brown. Finish cooking under the broiler, if needed.
- Right out of the oven, spread bell pepper and arugula mixture on top of lasagna. Let rest for a few minutes before serving.