Beet, Apple and Cranberry Salad
- 4 medium yellow beets, cooked, peeled, and cubed
- 1 Empire apple (or other local variety), diced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) dried cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) roasted sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) honey
- 3 cups (750 ml) lamb’s lettuce
- Salt and pepper
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients, except for lettuce. Toss well. Season with salt and pepper. Add lettuce at the last moment and toss gently. Serve with grilled chicken or meat.
Transform this salad into a meal by adding grilled scallops or goat cheese.