Quick and Easy Tomato and Tuna Spaghetti
- 3/4 lb (375 g) spaghetti
- 2 cups (500 ml) chopped leek (about 1)
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) olive oil
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) sundried pitted black olives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) chopped capers
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 can 14 oz (398 ml) Italian diced tomatoes
- 1 can 7 oz (198 ml) light tuna, drained and flaked
- Salt and pepper
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook spaghetti until al dente. Keep 250 ml (1 cup) of cooking water when draining pasta. Lightly coat pasta with oil and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, soften leek in oil. Add olives, capers and pepper flakes and cook for 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and simmer over low heat for about 5 minutes. Add tuna and stir.
- Add pasta and toss well. Add a little cooking water, if needed. Season with salt and pepper.
To save time, you can buy ready sliced leeks.