Warm Cheese Dip
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) butter
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) flour
- 1 cup (250 ml) milk
- 4 oz (115 g) cream cheese
- 31/2 oz (100 g) grated Emmental cheese (about 250 ml/1 cup)
- 31/2 oz (100 g) grated mozzarella cheese (about 250 ml/1 cup)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped fresh chives
- Salt and pepper
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Sprinkle with flour and stir with a whisk. Cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Whisk in milk and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and stir in cheese, whisking constantly. Season with salt and pepper. Add chives.
- Pour into one or more bowls and serve warm with bread cubes, crackers or raw vegetables.
If you prepare dip in advance, warm up in a 180 °C (350 °F) preheated oven for 15 minutes or in the microwave oven for about 1 minute. Stir before serving.