- 1/4 cup (60 ml) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) panko breadcrumbs (see note)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) whole-grain mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) paprika
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 190 °C (375 °F).
- In a bowl, combine cheese and breadcrumbs.
- In another bowl, combine sour cream, mustard and paprika. Add chicken and coat well. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a 28 x 23-cm (11 x 9-inch) baking dish, place breasts side by side and sprinkle with Parmesan mixture.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked. If necessary, finish cooking under the broiler. Serve with buttered green beans and rice pilaf (see recipe).
Panko is Japanese breadcrumbs. It is made of dried breadcrumbs, finely grated rather than ground. It adds a lot more crunch than traditional breadcrumbs.