- 1 cup (170 g) Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup (120 g) oat flour (see note)
- 1/2 cup (75 g) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (105 g) milk powder
- 1/4 cup (30 g) wheat germ
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup (55 g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup (68 g) almond butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup (210 g) brown sugar (or coconut sugar)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the dates, oat flour, flour, milk powder, wheat germ, and baking powder.
- In another bowl, cream the butter, almond butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer. Add the egg and beat until smooth. Add the dry ingredients alternately with the milk until the mixture is just moistened.
- With a 2 tbsp (30 ml) ice cream scoop, spoon dough balls on the baking sheet. Bake one sheet at a time, for about 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool completely.
- The cookies will keep in an airtight container, in a cool and dry place, for 3 to 4 days or a few weeks in the freezer.
You can find oat flour in some supermarkets. If you don’t have it on hand, just finely grind rolled oats in a food processor.