Smoked Chicken Burgers
- 1 litre (4 cups) wood chips, of your choice
- 8 skinless and boneless chicken thighs
- 500 ml (2 cups) shredded green cabbage
- 500 ml (2 cups) peeled and finely grated carrots
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) mayonnaise
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) rice vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 4 kaiser rolls, toasted
- 60 ml (¼ cup) mayonnaise
- Preheat the electric or charcoal smoker to 150 °C (300 °F). Add the chips and let smoke for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, season the chicken with salt and pepper. Place the chicken thighs in the smoker. Close the lid and cook for 45 minutes or until cooked through, turning every 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the inside of the rolls with the mayonnaise. Top with the coleslaw and pieces of chicken, whole or thinly sliced. Close the burgers.