Nordic Shrimp Croissant Sandwiches
- 3/4 lb (350 g) fresh or frozen Nordic shrimp, thawed
- 1/2 green apple, diced
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp chopped fresh tarragon
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) mayonnaise
- 4 croissants, halved horizontally
- 4 leaves Boston lettuce
- Salt and pepper
- In a bowl, combine the shrimp, apple, green onion, tarragon and mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place a leaf of lettuce on the bottom piece of the croissants. Cover with the shrimp mixture and close the croissants.
In grocery stores and in fish markets, Nordic shrimp are sold already cooked. In season, in the spring, they can sometimes be found fresh and unpeeled. The rest of the year, they are only found frozen and thawed.