Egg-Free and Dairy-Free Crepes
- 430 ml (1 3/4 cups) vanilla soy milk
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) oat flour
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) canola oil
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) sugar
- 1 ml (1/4 tsp) salt
- Canola oil, for cooking
- In a blender or in a bowl using a whisk, combine all the ingredients. Add liquid, if needed.
- In a 23 cm (9-inch) non-stick skillet, brushed with canola oil, cook the crepes, one at a time, with about 45 ml (3 tbsp) of the batter, until golden brown on each side. Place the crepes on a plate, and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
This batter is a little trickier to work with when cooking: Be sure to oil the skillet generously, otherwise the crepe batter will tend to stick.
Crepes made with oat flour are so good that even those who are not allergic should try them. This flour is found in some grocerie stores. Alternatively, you can replace it with finely ground oatmeal.