Pork Roast and Mango Gyros
- 2 Greek or regular pita bread
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) Tzatziki sauce, homemade or store-bought
- 100 g (3 1/2 oz) thinly sliced cold pork roast or smoked turkey (about 6 slices)
- 4 leaves Boston or leaf lettuce
- 1 small ripe mango, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 2 toothpicks
- Salt and pepper
- Spread the tzatziki sauce in the centre of the pitas. Cover with the meat and lettuce. Garnish with the mango. Season with salt and pepper.
- Close the sandwiches, rolling to form cones. Secure with toothpicks.
Greek pitas are a variety of pita a little thicker than regular pita.