Chicken and Mango Couscous Salad
- 1 cup (200 g) couscous
- 1 cup (250 ml) boiling water
- 1 cup (170 g) cooked chicken, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 English cucumber, unpeeled and diced
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) lemon juice
- 2 tbsp basil leaves, finely chopped (optional)
- Place the couscous in a bowl. Add the boiling water and cover. Let rest for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients, except for the basil, with the cooled couscous. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon into a large serving platter and sprinkle with the basil, if desired.