Barbecued Pulled Pork
- 250 mL (1 cup) ketchup
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) cider vinegar
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) apple jelly
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) chili powder
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) Dijon mustard
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) molasses (fancy)
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) Worcestershire sauce
- 10 mL (2 tsp) onion powder
- 5 mL (1 tsp) hot pepper sauce
- 2.5 mL (1/2 tsp) garlic powder
- 1 bone-in pork shoulder (about 1.8 kg/4 lb), or 1 skinless, boneless pork roast (about 1.6 kg/3-1/2 lb)
- Salt and pepper
- In the slow cooker, combine all the ingredients.
- Add the meat and baste well with the sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove the meat from the cooker. With a fork, pull the meat apart and set aside in a bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, reduce the sauce by half. Add to the meat. Mix thoroughly and adjust the seasoning.
- Serve in burgers (see recipe).